Overview and Eligibility Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our Toilet and Shower-head Replacement Program (TSRP). Replacing older, high water use toilets with high-efficiency model that uses 0.8 gallon per flush is one of the most effective ways to save water in your home. The program also provides a replacement for old shower-heads with high efficiency model that uses 1.5 gallons per minute.
TSRP will provide:
- Up to two (2) toilets and two (2) shower-heads per each application at no cost;
- Free delivery; and
- Free installation.
To participate in this program:
- You need to be a resident of the City of Baldwin Park or own a property in the city.
- You need to have an active water account.
- Your account needs to be a residential account, not commercial.
- Your property needs to have existing toilets that use 3.0 gallons per flush or more.
Program Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your online application form, you are confirming that you have read, understood, and agree with all the Program Terms and Indemnification provisions. The Participant is defined as the water account holder, property owner(s), or the property owner’s legal representative. “Contractor” is defined as the corporation or individual who will install the high efficiency plumbing fixtures at Participant’s home.
All bathrooms accessed by the Contractor are cleaned before the scheduled appointment.
Our Contractor shall have access to the property as necessary to install the high efficiency plumbing fixtures. A responsible adult must remain at the site during the duration of the toilet installation.
The City of Baldwin Park reserves the right to schedule a site visit to confirm toilet installation with 24 hour notice.
High-efficiency plumbing fixtures will not be installed at locations where abnormal site conditions exist, including, but not limited to rotted flooring, broken waste flange, atypical rough-in dimensions, defective supply plumbing, and hazardous materials in or around areas where work is being performed.
Correction of any abnormal site conditions is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
Installation does not include carpentry or cosmetic repairs.
Participants may not rely on the actual installation of high efficiency plumbing fixtures until installation is confirmed by the City of Baldwin Park.
The Participant agrees to contact Waste Management to schedule a pickup of the old plumbing fixtures under their bulky item pickup service.
Please apply today as funds are limited! Also remember to follow the step-by-step instructions to ensure eligibility.
Program Disclaimers and Indemnity:
- At the completion of the installation, the new high-efficiency toilets become property of the Participant. The City of Baldwin Park is not responsible for any manufacturer and/or contractor warranties. All products, services and labor are guaranteed and warranted solely by requirements.·
- The City of Baldwin Park is not responsible for damage that might occur to a Participant’s property because of participation in the program. The City of Baldwin Park is not responsible for the quality of the toilet or installation and does not provide warranty on any toilet and/or any fixture components.·
- Participant waives any claims, liabilities, or demands against the City of Baldwin Park for any injuries or damages arising from the installation of high efficiency plumbing fixtures at Participant’s home.·
- Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the City of Baldwin Park, its officers, employees, agents, and representatives, from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, liabilities, costs, damages, expenses, and attorney's fees arising out of or related to any injury, loss, or damage suffered by any third party, including the Contractor, resulting from or arising out of the installation of high efficiency plumbing fixtures at the Participant's home.