The Planning Division is responsible for meeting the community’s current and future land use, urban design, economic, transportation and housing needs by updating and maintaining the City’s general Plan and development codes.The Division utilizes these documents as guidelines for the on-going development of policies and programs.
General Office Phone Number: (626) 813-5261
Ron Garcia, City Planner
Melissa Chipres, Associate Planner
Vacant, Assistant Planner
Bryant De la Torre, Planning Intern
Baldwin Park Housing Element Update 2021-2029
- Housing Element Update Community Workshop Presentation – October 28, 2020
- Housing Element Community Workshop Comment Mural
- Housing Element Update Joint Study Session of the City Council & Planning Commission – January 27, 2021
- Joint Study Session Comment Mural
- YouTube Recording of the Joint City Council & Planning Commission Study Session
The City of Baldwin Park is preparing an Environmental Justice Element to set goals and strategies to address pollution and health burdens.
April 5, 2021, Community Workshop PowerPoints
Also, please let us know your thoughts by taking our environmental justice survey! Complete the survey to be entered into a local business gift card raffle! (Survey closes Monday April 26, 2021)
For English: http://bit.ly/BaldwinParkEJSurveyEN
For Spanish: http://bit.ly/BaldwinParkEJSurveySP
The Planning Commission reviews all major applications and environmental clearances. The Planning Commission meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers.
Please, click here to view the Planning Commission Agendas and Minutes.
Please, click here to view the current Planning Commissioners.
Design Review Committee
- General Plan Amendment
- Zone Change
- Code Amendment
- Development Plan
- Zone Variance
- Conditional Use Permit
- Specific Plan
Downtown TOD Specific Plan
- Final Downtown TOD Specific Plan
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Planning and Design Process
- Chapter 3 - Design Concept
- Chapter 4 - Zoning and Development Standards
- Chapter 5 - Design Standards and Guidelines
- Chapter 6 - Circulation and Parking
- Chapter 7 - Infrastructure
- Chapter 8 - Implementation
Program Environmental Impact Report - Downtown TOD Specific Plan
- Final Environmental Impact Report and MMRP
- Findings of Fact
- Statement of Overriding Considerations
- Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Notice of Preparation of Environmental Impact Report
- Initial Study for Downtown TOD Specific Plan
For More information regarding the Downtown Transit Oriented Development Specific Plan Update please visit www.Plandbp.com.