Applying for a Business License

Applying for a New Business Located in the City of Baldwin Park

Business Owner must come in to fill out some paperwork in the Finance Department for the Zoning Department. Once that paperwork is turned in which is the Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Page which is the 2nd page found in the packet for a New Business License application and an additional page which is found here at the counter, Zoning Department will call them between 2 to 3 weeks. Once phone call is received stating that location is approved to have that type of business there, Business Owner must complete the rest of the business license packet which could be downloaded on website or they can get it here at the counter and complete the form for Trash verification also attached to packet and return packet complete with Trash information and pay fees, fees vary depending on type of business.

Home Occupation

Form can be downloaded or can receive the application over the counter and the fee is $133.00. Application and fee can be mailed in or can be paid over the counter in between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.

Out of City Business Lic

Any State Licensed contractor or Any business just coming into the City  to do any sort of business can apply for a license with the application that can be downloaded online. For General or Sub Contractors the Application is the one that has the declarations page attached to it for any other Business coming into the City all they need to do is fill out the Business License Tax Application page and the fee for State Sub Contractors is $107.00 that fee is also for any other business coming in to the City with no physical location in the City of Baldwin Park. For State General Contractors the fee for the license is $176.00. Fees can be mailed in with application or can be paid over the counter in between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.