WHAT THE CITY OF BALDWIN PARK IS DOING
- City Services
Baldwin Park City Hall is open for essential functions. City staff increased the frequency and intensity of hygienic measures at City Hall, as well as other City facilities.
- Passport Services
The City will not be processing passport requests until further notice.
RECREATION & COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Senior Meals
The City of Baldwin Park’s Julia McNeill Senior Center and the YWCA San Gabriel Valley are offering home delivery senior meals for:
- Baldwin Park Residents (60 years +) every Wednesday (until further notice).
- Parks & Recreation
Programming will be closed until further notice. All classes and events will start again once the City deems it safe. The Department of Recreation and Community Services invites you to stay active and engaged with the new and exciting Baldwin Park Virtual Recreation Center. This is your HUB of fun. There is something for everyone:
- Adult Activities
- Kids Education Activities
- Fitness for All Ages
- Indoor Activities/Games for Children
- Arts & Entertainment
- Virtual Travel & Nature
Click on the link below to discover some creative indoor resources to brighten your day.
- Social Services: The Teri G. Muse Family Service Center has compiled a list of local food bank/pantry locations to help provide food assistance and resources to those affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Please note that many food bank/pantry distribution sites throughout the Baldwin Park area and across the region are continuing to operate for families and seniors to receive food assistance during this crisis. If you are in need of food assistance, please contact the agencies directly for additional information or you can also call the Teri G. Muse Family Center at (626) 813-5245, Ext. 330.
- Homeless Services: Hygiene Access Stations: The City of Baldwin Park has expanded hygiene services for people experiencing homelessness in partnership with Los Angeles Homeless Services at the following locations:
13921 Francisquito Ave. Baldwin Park, CA 91706 (1 Handwashing Station)
600-636 Syracuse Ave, Baldwin Park, CA 91706 ( 1 Handwashing Station)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City and County of Los Angeles have deployed expanded hygiene services to better support our unsheltered neighbors. Please see below the complete link to these services and guide for proper hand washing tips recommended by the County of Los Angeles Health Department: https://www.lahsa.org
- Upcoming Community Events
BALDWIN PARK’S UTILITY SERVICES
Your tap water is safe from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The safeguards we have always taken to protect water quality are effective to keep it safe from viruses, including COVID-19. Please know that you do NOT need to worry about your tap water.
Pick-up services will continue at the regular scheduled time uninterrupted.
Southern California Edison Company is taking steps to ensure it's ready to continue providing safe and reliable electric service to the customers if the situation escalates. For help with billing Southern California Edison announced that it is suspending service disconnections for nonpayment and waiving late fees, effective immediately, for residential and business customers impacted by the COVID-19 emergency. For more information, please visit SoCal Edison's Website (https://www.sce.com/billhelp)
SoCal Gas internal teams are taking several precautionary measures to mitigate exposure to the virus. SoCal Gas is committed to provide safe and reliable natural gas service to Baldwin Park. Customers experiencing hardships, including from the coronavirus can call 1-800-427-2200 or visit SoCal Gas' website (https://www.socalgas.com/coronavirus)
WHAT OTHER AGENCIES ARE DOING
- All Physical campuses are closed, classes are virtual. To protect the health of students and staff members, and to contain the spread of COVID-19, BPUSD is extending closure of all its schools, from preschool to adult education, through Monday, May 4, 2020 with a return date for students on Tuesday, May 5, 2020. The free and reduced-price meals are available to families from 11 AM to 1 PM at Jones Junior High, Bursch Elementary, and Baldwin Park High School through a drive-thru service. Meals will be provided for the number of children in the car. For more information, please visit www.bpusd.edu.
- Baldwin Park Express & Dial-a-Ride
All services are still provided with no more than 5 riders at a time to maintain social distancing.
- Foothill Transit
Reduced as of Monday, March 23rd. Commuter Express Lines 490, 493, 495, 498, 499, 699, 690 and lines 851-854 are not running. All other local lines, Silver Streak, & Duarte bus are still running.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
System remains fully operational. While METRO is continuously reviewing cleaning protocols to ensure that they are appropriate as the situation evolves. The agency continues to clean buses and trains at least once daily with EPA-approved disinfectants. For more information, please visit Metro's blog (https://thesource.metro.net/).
COMMUNITY & HOUSING
Restrict residential & commercial tenant evictions on a case-by-case basis. The Mayor and City Council instituted a temporary moratorium on evictions Citywide for non-payment of rent for tenants affected by COVID-19. Through this emergency declaration, the City acted against the virus by minimizing the displacement of tenants and preventing homelessness. The order is triggered for tenants who are able to demonstrate that they are unable to pay rent due to financial impacts related to COVID-19 or a no-fault eviction unless necessary for the health and safety of tenants, neighbors or the landlord. Landlords must not serve a 3-day notice to tenants experiencing financial hardship due to coronavirus and tenants must notify landlord of the inability to pay rent in writing via previously established e-mail and text communication.