Public Housing Program

McNeill Manor (Project Based Housing) – The Baldwin Park Housing Authority (BPHA) owns and administers Mc Neil Manor, a “project-based? public housing unit. Mc Neil Manor is a 12-unit low-income senior (62 years or older) housing development.
Under a “project-based? housing assistance program, eligible families live in specific housing developments. Unlike the “tenant-based? program, once the client vacates from the “project-based? assisted unit, the client loses the housing assistance and the new tenant in the unit receives the rental assistance.  
The amount of monthly rent the tenant pays is determined by their income and will not to exceed 30% of their adjusted monthly gross income.
The BPHA currently has 87 applicants on the waiting list for McNeill Manor. When units become vacant, the next available applicants are pulled from the waiting list, based on date and time of the preliminary application.
This waiting list is separate from the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program’s waiting list.

What is Public Housing?
Public Housing was established to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible families, the elderly, and persons with disbilities. Public Housing comes in all sizes and types, from single-family houses to apartments for elderly families.
The Baldwin Park Housing Authority owns and manages McNeill Manor, a 12-unit, one bedroom Public Housing for senior citizens 62 and over.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for BPHA Public Housing, you must be a low-income elderly or disabled person. The Housing Authority determines your eligibility based on: 1) annual gross income; 2) whether you qualify as elderly, a person with a disability; and 3) U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.


Income Limit

50% Very Low Income

















How do I apply?
The BPHA waiting list is closed and is not accepting applications for the Public Housing Program. For more information or to get waiting list status, you may call our application line number at (626) 813-5285.
Will I need to produce any Documentation?
While you remain in the waiting list, you will only be required to complete a preliminary application and inform the HA in writing if you have moved and your address has changed. HA representative will request whatever documentation is needed (e.g., birth certificate, tax returns, income) to determine eligibility, when your name has reached the top of the waiting list. In addition, you will be asked to sign a form to authorize the release of pertinent information to the HA.
When will I be noticed?
Once your name has reached the top of the waiting list, the HA will notify you by mail.
Will I have to sign a lease?
If you are offered an apartment and accept it, you will have to sign a lease with the HA. You will be required to pay a $150 security deposit. You and the HA representative will go over the lease together. This will give you a better understanding of your responsibilities as a tenant and the HA's responsibilities as a landlord.
Are there any selection preferences?
The Baldwin Park Housing Authority uses the following preferences to establish the order of placement on the waiting list:

  • Date and time of application
  • Homeless
  • Must live or work in the City of Baldwin Park
  • Veteran- this preference is available to current members of the U.S. Armed Forces, veterans, or survivng spouses of veterans.

How is rent determined?
Your rent, which is referred to as the Total Tenant Payment (TTP) in this program, would be based on your family's anticipated gross annual income less deductions, if any. Based on your application, the HA representative will determine if any of the allowable deductions should be subtracted from your annual income. Annual income is the anticipated total household income for any member 18 years of age or older.

Contact Us
City Hall
14403 E. Pacific Ave.
2nd Floor
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Or Email: 
Laura Aguilera, Housing Technician (ext. 550)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Rose Luna, City Service Worker (ext. 552)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Go to top