Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
The HOME Program was created under Title II of the National Affordable Housing Act of 1990. The HOME Program objective is to:
- Provide decent affordable housing to lower-income households
- Expand the capacity of non-profit housing providers
- Strengthen the ability of State and local government to provide housing
- Leverage private-sector participation
City activities may include:
- Rental housing assistance
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Tenant-based rental assistance
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
In addition, the city must reserve at least 15% of their HOME allocations to fund housing to be owned, developed, or sponsored by experienced, community-driven nonprofit groups designated as Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs).
If your organization is interested in becoming a CHDO, please complete the CHDO application and submit to the Community Development Department. CHDOs certified by the City of Baldwin Park are not automatically guaranteed HOME Program funds.