City Hall Services
- Developed COVID-19 permit issuance and plans checking procedures (link)
- Installed drop-off box at front door to facilitate sanitary delivery of plans and documents.
- Residents can submit the following via email
- Building permit issuance
- Plans submittal for solar and smaller projects
- Residents can also make payments via:
- Mail for check payments
- Pay-by-phone for credit cards payments
- Receiving, reviewing plans and applications electronically during COVID-19 (Link).
- Accepting applications for all entitlements related to commercial, and residential development electronically.
- Continue to respond to all daily Voicemail, and emails related to planning and zoning enquires.
- Continue to hold Planning Commission Meetings via Zoom
- Rent Ordinance – Staff released the Rent Registry Form for landlords to register their rental units. The City has received few registrations with payments. Landlords are required to register by April 1, 2020 but due to the COVID-19 the City will extend the rent registration until June 1st, 2020.
- Housing Eviction Ordinance: Urgency Ordinance passed to prevent residential and commercial evictions in addition to the measures already taken by the State of California.
- CDBG – The City of Baldwin Park will receive an additional $564,798 in CDBG funds under the FY20 formula based on the prevalence and risk of COVID-19 and related economic and housing disruptions resulting from coronavirus. CDBG funds can be used to provide emergency rental assistance or address the needs of people experiencing homelessness as well as other critical services. Public Service cap, normally 15%, has been waived.
- BPHA (Section 8) - Staff continues to work on annual certifications and interims as required by HUD. Tenants are sending their documents via mail. Inspections have been cancelled but can be done on an emergency basis. The BPHA is authorized to implement inspections biannually.
- Mc Neil Manor – Housing staff has been checking on our Mc Neil Manor residents to make sure they have all their basic needs such as food and medication.
Community Enhancement Division:
- Community Enhancement Officers are visiting businesses throughout the city to disseminate business resource information and COVID-19 related information to residents and businesses.
- Officers are still patrolling daily focusing on quality of life issues and curb appeal-type code violations. Although, no violations or citations are being given to violators at this time. We are seeking friendly cooperation to resolve code violations only.
Economic Development Division:
- Creation of business resource guide for dissemination to local small businesses in Baldwin Park detailing all COVID types of resources available from local, state and federal governments. (link)
- Creation of Restaurant Guide to promote local dining options. https://www.baldwinpark.com//online-documents/public-service-announcements/2114-baldwin-park-restaurant-options-3-31-20/file
- Suspended passport service with the approval of Los Angeles Passport Agency
Applications and payments for business license inquires will be accepted by mail.