Jean M. Ayala
Jean M. Ayala was elected as City Clerk for the City of Baldwin Park, California in November 2018. Ms. Ayala is a lifelong resident of the City of Baldwin Park. She is a veteran tenured teacher of 26 years with the Baldwin Park Unified School District. Ms. Ayala is a product of area schools and has always valued education. She always viewed public service as a part of her. Prior to her election as City Clerk, Ms. Ayala served two terms as a City Commissioner for the City of Baldwin Park in the Recreation and Community Services Department.
Ms. Ayala is a dedicated and well-respected member of the Baldwin Park Community. She has taught thousands of students in our community. Ms. Ayala is a proud graduate of Loyola Marymount University where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies, with an emphasis in Elementary Education and a Masters of Education degree in School Administration. She also possesses a Bilingual Cross Cultural, Language and Academic Development Credential from the State of California.
Ms. Ayala values the community that has been her home her entire life. She appreciates the residents and community. Ms. Ayala promotes transparency and accessibility through the City Clerk’s Office.
- Working together to ensure the City Council, Chief Executive Officer and City staff serve with the community with openness and integrity.
- Providing professional and courteous customer service.
- Ensuring the legislative process including City elections, City Council and Commission meeting are open and public.
- Providing access to complete and accurate public information.
- Reporting and preserving the history of the City in a fair and impartial manner.