Chief Executive Officer
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Government City Managers Technical Advisory Committee
- Environmental Stewardship Award, fleets
- Model Community Achievement Award (AQMD)
- Governmental Green Fleet Award, Top 21 of 100
- Platinum Award, first in Energy Efficiency, San Gabriel Valley Energywise Partnership
- Demand Response and Energy Savings Awards (San Gabriel Valley COG)
- Co-recipient Most Business Friendly in Los Angeles County
- Volunteer Driving Instructor – BMW/Tire Rack/Michelin, Safe Teen Driving Clinics
- Life Member California Highway Patrol 11-99 Foundation
- California, Registered Professional Civil Engineer
Shannon Yauchzee was born in Whittier, California and has been a resident of the San Gabriel Valley for most of his life. In his early years Mr. Yauchzee worked in various aspects of the construction industry including the family construction business doing everything from pushing a broom to operating heavy equipment. He attended Cal Poly University in Pomona where he obtained his Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering and subsequently obtained his State registration as a California Professional Engineer. Mr. Yauchzee then served about 8 years with the public-private partnership firm of Willdan Associates out of their City of Industry office providing consulting services to various Cities and Counties throughout the area. He then joined the City of West Covina and became the City’s Public Works Director and City Engineer. During his 18 years with West Covina, he led West Covina to be a leader in energy efficiency saving the City millions of dollars in energy costs. He also was responsible for managing and building over one hundred million dollars in improvements to the City’s parks, streets, facilities, landscaping and infrastructure.
In 2014 Shannon Yauchzee was delighted to join and lead the Executive team for the City of Baldwin Park. Shannon has a record of bringing projects in on time and within budget and brings with him a strong background in efficient government leadership and a commitment to being business friendly with high standards for customer service. In Baldwin Park, Mr. Yauchzee has been successful in improving customer service, making the City more business friendly, increasing City revenues and saving the City millions of Dollars due to various cost cutting measures, energy savings and bond financing.
Shannon and his wife Lisa, residents of San Dimas, have been married for almost 29 years and have two beautiful daughters, Emily and Sarah. Lisa teaches second grade for Bonita Unified School District. Emily recently graduated from Cal Poly Pomona University and is Substitute teaching at Bonita USD. Sarah is finishing her last year at the University of Laverne on their Presidential Scholarship, and is on the Dean’s Honor roll. She has been accepted to the PhD programs at UCLA, USC and UC Irvine.